Sleeping pill rehab
Sleeping pills may seem like a simple solution to sleep problems, but over time, they can quickly take over your life. The good news is that our sleeping pill rehab programme can help you overcome sleeping pill addiction and restart your life. Just as a real lighthouse guides ships to safety, Recovery Lighthouse can guide you through every stage of sleeping pill recovery helping you navigate all the obstacles along the way.
What is sleeping pill rehab?
Sleeping pill rehab is a comprehensive treatment programme that will help you overcome dependency on sleeping pills. It involves a combination of therapies which aim to identify and address the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of your condition and promote lasting sleeping pill recovery.
By systematically working through all of the underlying causes and factors that have contributed to your substance use, sleeping pill rehab will enable you to develop new ways of coping with stress, trauma or difficult life events without needing to lean on sleeping pills.
Sleeping pill rehab can be effective for any type of sleeping pill but two of the most common forms are:
- Zolpidem rehab: Zolpidem, commonly known as Ambien, is a popular sleeping pill that can lead to dependency with abuse or prolonged use and requires professional treatment to overcome.
- Zopiclone rehab: Zopiclone is another commonly abused sleeping pill that can cause dependency. Zopiclone rehab programmes focus on helping individuals through a combination of therapy and counselling.
What are the benefits of sleeping pills rehab?
Sleeping pill rehab can be a truly transformative process with just some of the benefits including:
- Learning new life skills and behaviours to support sleeping pill recovery
- Improved sleep without sleeping pills
- Improved physical and mental health
- Increased self-awareness and understanding of sleeping pill triggers
- Development of coping mechanisms to manage stress without needing sleeping pills
- Building a support network with other people in recovery
Do I need sleeping pill rehab?
It can be difficult to know whether you need sleeping pill rehab, particularly if you were prescribed sleeping pills for insomnia or another sleep disorder.
To help you see more clearly, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I rely on sleeping pills to fall asleep or stay asleep?
- Have I tried to quit or cut back on sleeping pills but failed?
- Do I experience withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking sleeping pills?
- Have my relationships, work or other aspects of my life been negatively affected by my sleeping pill use?
- Do I continue to take sleeping pills despite these issues?
- Do I use sleeping pills without a prescription or in a way that is not instructed by my doctor?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, sleeping pill rehab may be the right choice for you.
What options are there for sleeping pill rehab?
Sleeping pill rehab can be done on an outpatient or inpatient basis. Outpatient sleeping pill rehab allows you to receive treatment while living at home while inpatient sleeping pill rehab involves living at a rehab centre like Recovery Lighthouse while you undergo treatment.
Inpatient sleeping pill rehab offers several benefits, including:
- A holistic recovery and healing environment: Inpatient sleeping pill rehab centres provide a safe and supportive environment that promotes healing and recovery. You will be shielded from negative influences and distractions, which helps them focus on their recovery.
- Medically supervised sleeping pill detox: This is very important as withdrawal symptoms can be severe and can jeopardise sleeping pill recovery.
- No access to any substances: Inpatient sleeping pill rehab clinics are drug-free environments, which means you will have no access to sleeping pills or any other substances. This reduces the risk of sleeping pill relapse during treatment.
- Shielding from negative influences and sleeping pill triggers: Inpatient rehab centres are designed to be free from distractions and triggers so you can focus solely on your sleeping pill recovery and personal growth.
- 24/7 professional support and care: Inpatient sleeping pill rehab provides round-the-clock medical and emotional support so you will have access to trained professionals who can help you manage any challenges that arise during sleeping pill treatment.
- The chance to build connections with therapists, staff, and fellow participants: These connections can provide support and encouragement throughout the sleeping pill recovery journey.
Sleeping pill rehab at Recovery Lighthouse
At Recovery Lighthouse, we offer a comprehensive sleeping pill rehab programme led by our experienced medical staff and therapists. They are experts in helping you break down everything that has led you to this point so you can build the foundation for a new life free from sleeping pills.
During our sleeping pill rehab programme, we offer a variety of evidence-based therapies and treatments, including:
- Individual therapy: Individual therapy is a one-on-one session with a licensed therapist to address specific issues related to your sleeping recovery. It is a chance to really delve deep into your triggers and motivations and start to make serious changes.
- Group therapy: Group therapy provides a safe and supportive environment for you to connect with others in recovery. You can share your experiences and challenges, learn from each other’s journeys and build a network of supportive peers.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): CBT is a form of therapy that focuses on changing negative thought patterns and behaviours that may be contributing to your condition. It can help you develop new coping skills and strategies to manage stress and triggers without relying on sleeping pills.
- 12-step programme: The 12-step programme is a peer-led support group that focuses on spirituality, personal growth and accountability. It provides a framework for you to overcome dependency and maintain lasting sleeping pill recovery.
- Art therapy: Art therapy uses creative expression to promote healing and recovery. It can help you explore your emotions and experiences in a safe and supportive environment.
- Family therapy: Family therapy can help you and your loved ones address the impact of sleeping pill abuse on your relationships, work through your challenges and strengthen your connections.
These are just some of the amazing therapies that make up our sleeping pill rehab programmes with each helping you to heal, recover and grow.
How to make the most out of sleeping pill rehab
Starting sleeping pill rehab can be the most important decision you ever make. However, it’s important to understand that sleeping pill rehab requires you to take charge of your own treatment and commit yourself to it fully.
Here are some tips on how to make the most out of sleeping pill rehab:
1. Be open and honest…
It’s important to be open and honest with your therapists and peers about your experiences, thoughts, and feelings. This can help you gain insight into your condition and develop strategies for making a successful sleeping pill recovery.
2. Participate fully in your programme…
Participating in all aspects of the sleeping pill rehab programme can help you learn new skills, gain support from others in recovery and make progress toward your goals.
3. Set goals and celebrate your achievements…
Setting realistic goals and celebrating your progress can help you stay motivated and focused on your sleeping pill recovery journey.
4. Practise self-care…
Sleeping pill rehab requires a commitment to self-care and prioritising your physical and emotional health. This may include getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, engaging in regular exercise and practising relaxation techniques.
How to prevent sleeping pill relapse
Relapse is a common risk for individuals in sleeping pill recovery, particularly after you first leave the sanctuary of rehab.
To prevent relapse, it’s important to:
- Attend aftercare sessions (At Recovery Lighthouse, we offer one year of free weekly group therapy sessions to all our clients to help prevent relapse and support lasting recovery.
- Avoid situations or people that may trigger a relapse
- Spend time with your loved one and other people who are supporting you on your recovery journey
- Take up new hobbies to take your mind off sleeping pills and to bring new enjoyment into your life
- Stay active, eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly
- Join the UKAT alumni network and attend special events to connect with others in recovery
How can I help a loved one through the sleeping pill recovery process?
If you have a loved one struggling with sleeping pill addiction, it can be difficult to know how to show your support. To help you provide the strength and motivation your loved one needs, here are some tried and tested ways to help them through sleeping pill rehab:
- Express your concerns in a calm way and encourage them to seek professional help
- Educate yourself about sleeping pill rehab and recovery so you can understand what they are going through
- Help take care of their home responsibilities while they are in sleeping pill rehab
- Attend family therapy sessions to address the impact on your relationship and start to repair the damage
- Avoid enabling behaviours such as providing sleeping pills, money or covering up for them
- Practise self-care and seek support for yourself
With these simple, practical tips you can make a decisive difference in your loved one’s life and prospects for a new life free of sleeping pills.
How to start sleeping pill rehab
At Recovery Lighthouse, we are committed to helping you achieve lasting recovery. Our experienced staff and evidence-based sleeping pill rehab programmes provide the support and resources needed to promote healing and growth. Contact us today and start your journey to a brighter future.